Friday, May 6, 2011

Color Project

Here's the original photo!

It's a still from a 1950's French film called 
Le Ballon Rouge 
(The Red Balloon)

Taking place in rainy Paris, most of the colors are washed
out, save the bright red balloon, and his
balloon-y companions at the end of the film.



Torn paper.
I hadn't really planned on doing orange. It's not my favorite color 
or anything, but I just kind of decided to try it out after staring at my paints 
for a good long while


Would you believe this was my first attempt
at serious painting?
Well, it was... :P
Blue and yellow are my favorite color 
pairing, so this one was a no brainer.


All three!! :)
I was very proud, 'cause I worked really hard on these.



This is one of Sarah's, but if you about Art Student Owl (an internet thing),
you'll get why this is funny...

See, Art Student Owl is basically a picture of an owl smoking a cigarette
with a caption around his picture about some subject art students
can relate too. For instance...



Well, Maggie and I spent the whole night working together and
read a SHIT TON of these to keep ourselves awake.
Sarah's up there says 
"Spend three hours citing work...
Learn to sleep with eyes open."
Which was very appropriate that day because we spent about 4 1/2 hours doing critiques
and I'd only gotten 1 1/2 hours of sleep...  (@_@)

It was a rough day....

(photo courtesy of fyeahartstudentowl.tumblr.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment