Friday, May 6, 2011

Mark Making/Story Line

STORY LINE


Monkey Bars


The first rung, right hand. One down, forever to go.  
Second rung, left hand. Third, right again.  Swinging back and forth
How does anyone do this? Hands in line, weight pulling down.
Do I have the strength? Can I make it, do I have the endurance…?
Fourth rung, left hand. Breathe. In and out, in and out…
I can do this. It’s just metal. It’s just line after line of sun soaked, hand worn, silver metal. I can do this. 
I can do this.
Fifth rung, sixth… seventh.
I can do this, I can do this…  eight, ninth… almost there… I can do this!
The finish line is in sight!
Tenth, eleventh… one last reach…! Yes!
I’ve done it!  I’ve done it!!
I have come against this obstacle and defeated it! I have conquered these meaningless bars and used them for my gain. If I can use these lines as my stepping stones, I can use your rules to my advantage. I can draw my own lines, across, though, around yours and I can win!
If I can do this, I can do anything!












No comments:

Post a Comment