Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lists

I wasn't in class when we got this assignment, so I'm not sure exactly if I'm doing this right... however, from what I've heard, even kids who were there don't exactly get it...
Here's a taste of what I have so far of this mapping assignment.


Lists


Lived in Locations
1)   Plano House 1: The house my parents first moved into from their apartment in Dallas; older than me.  Very close to my elementary and middle schools. Nursery room had Noah’s Ark mural, second room (shared with sister) had Cinderella’s castle mural on closet doors. Played pretend a LOT as a kid with my neighbor and sister. Third room painted purple with a yellow bed spread (still have it in my closet at home); first room alone since my sister was born. Really hard to leave, sold super quickly (one weekend!) Moved April 25th, 2003
2)   In between Apartment: Where we lived between Plano House 1 and Plano House 2. The summer between 6th and 7th grade. Sister and I both had strep throat the day we moved in. We were excited to have a pool for the summer, but the apartment itself sucked. The Neighbors were loud, the apartment was dirty, but I had a surprising amount of friends who lived in the complex too. We had a hamster while we were there. She was really good at sneaking out of her cage and running around the apartment at night. We ended up staying longer than we thought we would., by a couple months while the new house was being built. We moved out September 2003
3)   Plano House 2: We built this house when the house we wanted to buy was sold before we could close on it. We lived super close to the new elementary school, where I went for 5th grade and my sister went for 2nd-5th. My new room was much more understated; white furniture, powder blue walls. I also had a lot of new furniture in the form of a large bookshelf and an armoire; I had a lot more books, trinkets and keepsakes. It’s very soft and cool and much more mature. I also spent a lot of late nights out in the loft area working on little art projects. I practically spent a week on that couch when I got swine flu, fall 2009. I did really badly at the vocal all-region phase II auditions at the end of the week because of that.
4)   Jackson-Shaver Dorm: My first collage dorm!! So tiny, I couldn’t believe it. Took a while to get used to.  My roommate is nice enough; we knew each other before we came here. I spent a lot of my first semester sitting on Facebook with my roommate. When I went to the Harry Potter 7 premier with the Qudditch team, I met some a group of new people, including a guy that I instantly clicked with. I spent a lot of time with him after that and still do.


There's you go :)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment