Sunday, February 20, 2011

More updates!

(Told you there was more to follow. Sure was quick, huh? ;) )

Here's some pictures from our human comp. process. I still need to get the digital copies of the actual pictures from Keenan. :P

"Hey, this tree looks tall enough, there's a perfect branch right there.
And we can totally get up there, no problem! :D"

"Uh... we sure about this? I mean, it seems a little high.
How do I even get up there?"

"Okay, seriously, we sure about this? Maybe if I put
my foot here...?"

"Wait, wait, I think I've got this...!"

"Yeah! I've got the perfect shot! Awesome!"

"Okay, now can someone hand me my camera? Please?"

Zach's turn! Quite the little tree climber!


\
My turn! I totally ripped those pants trying to slide
back down.  :P But we got some good shots,
so it may have been worth it!

We had a lot of fun with this shoot. Everyone got along really well, took and gave direction well, and we were pretty productive! (Plus, the weather was awesome :) )
Super big thanks to Zack who supplied the sheet and plates we used and to Keenan for letting us hang in a tree with his camera 12 feet above the ground!!

**A write-up of the human composition photos will go up once I get digital copies of the pictures from Keenan.**

Now for some MODULAR MADNESS!

Okay, so you know how I said I was totally gonna make a dragon? Weellll, that was before I realized it had to be non-representational... ergo, changes had to be made. But not many! I just simplified the shape a bit and now I have a non-representational scaled penny worm thingy. :) Fun stuff!
Okay, I should say right away, I have absolutely *no* idea what
I'm doing when it comes to 3D carving and whatnot.
I just tried to so what I've seen other carvers do.

Hack saw! Going at it! 

Getting close...!

I eventually removed the blade from the hack saw
and just used that. *DISCLAIMER*: Be super
careful when handling any kind of saw. I'm super cereal, y'all.
I used work gloves when working with the naked blade and Val
had me use goggles to keep styrofoam particles out of my eyes.
Safety is super, guys. Do it! ;)

So, after a few good days (and the odd night) of carving,
I got my little wormy all sanded down and ready to go!
It was messy! I had a lot of clean up to do when I was done,
and BOY was I sore!

So, this here is about $2's worth of pennies and
about an hour of work. Not as
much as you'd think, huh?


This was from tonight, a couple dollars later and 1 hour
in, just before I went to get dinner with Jada.



I didn't get a final shot before I left because my phone was dead, but I actually got pretty far. I'll take a picture before I start tomorrow afternoon.

That's it for tonight!
Keep a weathered eye on the horizon for more art!! ;D

Night,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment