Sunday, February 27, 2011

Monologues!!

I did two different monologues today for this art performance piece. They're both poems, but they're totally different styles.
Lemme show you what I mean...

Here's the final take (out of half a dozen :P) of the first one, "Pioneers! O Pioneers!" by Walt Whitman (most definitely one of my favorite poems)


And my second one was much sillier. It's based on 60 seconds of a poem by Shel Silverstein called "I Cannot Go To School Today". It's about a little girl who doesn't want to go to school because she's "sick" ;P


If you haven't read either of these poems, I highly suggest you look them up. I chose to perform them because they're both favorites of mine in different ways and very few people have the patience for poetry. If you ask me, it's all about how you hear the voices in your head. ;)

Night!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment